Re: [TenTec] Keyers?

To: Steve Baron - KB3MM <SteveBaron@StarLinX.com>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Keyers?
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:55:43 -0700
Nope Steve.  I had been using the internal Orion keyer without
difficulty.  I sent the Orion back to TT for service Friday.  I then
fired up my old TS 850S and tried its internal keyer.   I had some
difficulty adjusting it and sent an extraneous dit here and there
besides.  So, I asked the List about which external keyers folks were
using. I built my my old keyer in the mid 70's--a Heathkit  HD 1410
which I used with my HW 101 and a string of good Kenwood rigs.  Later I
re-wired it to use an external paddle.  I am ready to move on to a
keyer with a few more features than the Heathkit  and thought I'd ask
what folks were using.  Then I can use the same keyer with both the
Orion and the TS850S.

73, Gary W7TEA