[TenTec] Re: Advantages of computer control

To: tentec@contesting.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Advantages of computer control
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:20:23 -0500
At 04:04 PM 1/25/05, jerome schatten wrote:
Someday we'll be able to work contests without even
being in the shack ourselves if current/future
technology is any indicator!!!

Now that sounds like 'fun' ham radio to me! jerome - va7vv

Are you kidding? That's like "driving a Formula 1 car at Indy" but being at home and only thinking about it, (not even watching on TV).... might as well take a nap and forget it! :-)

Even contesting in the shack with computer assist is like driving a sports car with "automatic transmission!" No REAL feeling of being part of the process! :-)

But... to use the old cliche'..."different strokes for different folks."
:-)

Perry w8au