Re: [TenTec] INRAD Omni VI roofing filter kit - success

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] INRAD Omni VI roofing filter kit - success
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:35:59 -1000
Hi Jason,

I understand why someone with a non plus or version 3 upgraded Omni VI would want the Inrad modification, in order to get another narrow 1st IF filter option. And I can also understand that even if you already had two narrow filter options in a version 3 or Omni VI +, there might still be some improvement in BDR by adding the Inrad modification. What I don't understand is why don't you have a filter in your Omni VI NAR slot? It seems like it would have been much easier just to plug a filter in there. That would have also been a big improvement, even if not quite as good as the Inrad mod, and cheaper and easier to do.

DE N6KB

I don't have a filter in my Omni VI NAR slot - it used to be my "Mute" button but now it becomes the enable/disable switch for the INRAD roofing filter.