[TenTec] Re: Orion: going back zu 1.371, read why

To: DK2GZ@aol.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Orion: going back zu 1.371, read why
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:07:33 -0800
I agree with your post Harry. I also would like to return as well, but my Orion came with 1.371 and they've taken it off the server it appears. So, I've written ditsnbits to see where they have it available. I also operate CW almost exclusively.

I've lost my main receiver twice and sub receiver once in the last two days. The keying loop issue remains so occasionally I lose my ability to transmit as well. I don't believe the NR works as well and I've little pops when I turn the AF control. They got the keyer Mode backwards--if you choose Mode A and restart, the menu will read mode A but it actually is mode B like it was in 1.371 and before. The same squeezing in Mode B which gives you a "C" will return a "K" in mode A.

good luck, Gary W7TEA