[TenTec] Re: IP vs.DR

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: IP vs.DR
From: "Lawrence Stoskopf" <stoskopf@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:42:58 GMT
Chadwick (sp?) had a good writeup on this in RadCom and maybe even in one of the ARRL pubs. Something like "How much DR do we need". Really covered it from the Eu situation. As I recall, the new rigs are close.

As for monitoring the RF output quality, some of the old guys, in the 50s when I got my Novice, were simply putting an RF sample from the line directly to the vertical deflection plates of their scopes. Solved the problem of limited bandwidth amplifiers in the scopes. As I recall, those were hacked (that term hadn't been used yet I suspect) from surplus military radar equipment or such.

N0UU