RE: [TenTec] Argo V users??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Argo V users??
From: "Larry Greenberg N5BEA" <larrylg1@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:29:42 -0400 (EDT)
 I just have the little standard equiptment hand mike, but I am gettining good
reports.  I adjusted it too hot at first. It is easy to adjust.  I did  just
like the book says--- "red light on peaks".. If it sounds a little weak, then
increase the gain ever so slightly... It is much easier than over driving and
cutting back....  I wish that my transmitter scope had not gotten ripped off,
but I am getting good reports so what the heck? Larry GreenbergN5BEA--- On Mon
08/09, Dave Edwards &lt; kd2e@comcast.net &gt; wrote:From: Dave Edwards
[mailto: kd2e@comcast.net]To: tentec@contesting.comDate: Mon, 9 Aug 2004
20:38:10 -0400Subject: [TenTec] Argo V users??To anyone with an Argo V.....Have
you gotten the transmit audio to sound ok?Before I bought mine, I saw a lot of
negative input regarding the transmit quality on eham.Sure enough, when I got
mine I received reports of FMing, or perhaps RF in the audio...all sorts of
things. I've used a couple of different microphones that work f
 ine on other rigs. So, I stuck with the supplied TenTec hand mic. It still
sounds lousy. Anyone find the 'right'
 mailing
listTenTec@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec