[TenTec] Re: Roofing filters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Roofing filters
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:54:01 -0400
N5TW wrote:
>But I also plan to swap out the 2.4KHz filter with the
1.8KHz filter.

        Tom, I would be careful about that.  I considered the
same thing but Ten-Tec is routing CW signals through the
2400 Hz in transmit, and I recall they suggested caution
in putting anything narrower into the 2400 position.  Might
be worth contacting Ten-Tec, or consider what I suggested
earlier (simply setting your 1000 Hz aside) if you want to
keep the 1800 in place.

        Ten-Tec is doing some research into this whole filter
issue but I don't know exactly what they will come up with.

73, Bill W4ZV