Re: [TenTec] Orion on the Way

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion on the Way
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:34:57 -0500
Hi,

It was said

If you use an amplifier, there's no need for a tuner in the Orion.

There are some amps that do not match to 50 ohms, especially the older ones as the exciters of that era had tube finals with matching networks. They often would 'leave out' the matching circuit and and drive the Amp tubes directly, letting the exciter matching network handle the impedence difference.

Just a FYI in case you are one of those old amp collectors.

Rig here is TT Orion w/ tuner and Swan MK 1 and it definately needs the tuner in between.

Perhaps some day I'll step up for a new amp but this one just keeps on workin... May be Scott will have a great deal on a new CENTURION for me one day. ;)

73's
rich
KtSF