[TenTec] DRM on the Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] DRM on the Orion
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:43:02 -0400
Continuing in my DRM experiments with the open source Dream software, I
fabricated a simple Y cable to bring the 14 kHz IF from the Orion
sub-receiver out to the SPARE jack on the back. I fed that directly into the
soundcard line input and had no trouble receiving a DRM broadcast from the
CBC.  The software found the DRM signal at 14 kHz and locked on to it. I was
able to tune the Orion to the published broadcast frequency.  The Y cable
can be easily removed and the Orion restored to it's original condition
without any soldering and both ends of the cable are easily reached with
just the top cover removed.

73,
Mark