[TenTec] My Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My Orion
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:44:04 -0400
Folks,

To me, my Orion is not reliable in my situation, and in my station system, and
the way I use my ham radio. This certainly does not mean that the Orion has
these same failures in other system set up's. There are many hams who do not
use the Orion in the same manner that I do, and those hams are not seeing the
same problem I see. I'm in contact with a fellow ham who uses two Orion's in a
SO2R set up and his system is quite reliable and he has found none of the same
problems that I have. But he has his amplifiers set up somewhat different from
the way I have mine. Both set up's are valid uses of the Orion however.

I would like to thank everyone for their helpful comments, but would also like
to make sure I'm  not leaving the impression that the Orion is a dud! It
certainly is not. I would like to close my part of this thread because there
are several new methods available to get my problems resolved, with which I  am
proceeding at this time. Once the problems are resolved, I would be glad to
share the information with anyone interested.

Again, thanks for your help and comments.

73,

Tom - W4BQF