Re: [TenTec] Question for Contesters:

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question for Contesters:
From: "Kurt" <wa8vbx@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:59:41 -0400
I agree with Bill, what I want in a radio is not the same as someone else..

I have a Jupiter and using N4PY software. I am not a contester, but a casual
operator and what I like and I think most contesters like is the ability to
set different filter for their own needs, and SDR software that is available
gives more options then hardwired radios. Plus I like the ability to set
audio filter for transmit also.

Are SDR radios perfect no, are hardwired radios perfect no, if they were
then why would you have options to buy different filters other then to make
money for the radio companies.

73
Kurt
WA8VBX