[TenTec] All the new 10K radios

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] All the new 10K radios
From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 12:36:10 -0400
Howdy Gang:

Been reading all the postings and getting a kick out of them.

I have been a long time TenTec fan and finally sold my ten year old OMNI
VI/3 to purchase a new Orion.

My Orion was one of the early production models and was filled with various
problems.  I won't go into detail but many of the problems just seemed to
pop up for a while then disappear and then more problems popped up.  Very
frustrating.

I sent the rig back to TenTec where they made some fixes but some new
problems arose.

After speaking with Paul Clinton, TenTec agreed to send me a brand new
Orion.!!!

Now, how many manufacturers will do someting like that???  Will Yaecomwood
do the same??

BTW, the new Orion is playing beautifully without problem and is ceretainly
my Dream Machine.  It is a fantastic radio.  I sure hope the new 10K radios
are as good or better than the Orion.

                                            73, Joe W2KJ