RE: [TenTec] subject added...rig specs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] subject added...rig specs
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 07:27:14 -0700
Bob, I'll take one of those too, but it's still a very different rig than my
"KISS" idea.

I want to use my dream rig as a mobile, and as a portable to carry on a
motorbike trip.  Indeed size and weight do matter.

Ariving with rig and no P.S. or matchbox:  been there, done that, there is
usually a way.  Car batteries and lots of ZIP cord (I think that's the name
for it).  This cheap 2-wire AC power cable.
It's available anywhere there is civilization.  It has an impedance of about
100 Ohms (with high losses, but it works just fine - both for the
coax-replacement and for the radiators).  Cut a dipole for a high band and
then splice on additional lengths for lower bands.  No matchbox.

There are plenty of mobile antenna with screw-adjust coils which can be
tuned remotely and thus again no need for a matchbox.

So I'd say we're talking about DREAM-ONE and DREAM-TWO, but I was first Bob,
so yours is "TWO" and mine is "ONE" :-))

73
Rick