Re: [TenTec] 80m antenna suggestion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 80m antenna suggestion
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:05:34 +0000
Well, I should have said the only way to broadband a single thin wire dipole is
to make it lossy. A "fat" dipole, whether it's a cage, "double pennant,"
folded, the original "fan," or some other variation of a fat dipole will be
broadbanded without loss of efficency as indicated by measured field strength.
And the mechanical problems with spreaders are usually less than the
connections for a bazooka.

Thanks for the correction, Sinisa.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E