[TenTec] Ten Tec / Scott

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec / Scott
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:13:16 +0100
Hi Yuri,

I think you just read Scott's most recent post.

So now you see two things:

1. Ten-Tec is addressing the PTT issue (it's already in BETA)
2. Someone above Scott decided it

The third thing of course is that someone in this email
instigated it (without pissing off the rest of the members of the
reflector).

Yuri, I would say 20% of the reflector likes you, 20% accept you,
and 60% don't like you.  And that's a real shame because you are
actually one of the top contributors to this group.  You have
basically pissed off 58% of the people just to spite 2% of the
people.  You are focusing on the wrong things.  Target the bad
guys, not the group.

My suggestion: next time someone fires you up, beat the hell out
of them but do it in a targeted email and not as a broadcast to
the whole reflector - even if that person attacked you on the
reflector.

If you want to put some icing on the cake, answer that inflamed
email to the reflector with something like this:  "I have decided
not to waste the reflector's bandwidth with such nonsense issues.
I will respond to you in a direct, personal email".

If you do that, you kill three birds with one stone.  First, you
don't take no shit off of nobody; second you gain the respect of
95% of the reflector;  third, you make the targeted guy look like
a full idiot.  To boot, you can still answer him and tell him
what you really think.

These are just friendly suggestions.  You do what you have to do.
But between YOU, ME, & the FENCE POST, I challenge you to find
anything which might suggest that I am wrong! :-)

I'll do it my (friendly) way and continue to drive change.
At the end of the day, the world will get PTT CW on the ORION,
despite Scott, and nobody will ever know how that came about or
who initiated it.  I guess there are currently only 5 people who
know.  Jack, Gary, Scott, Yuri and Rick.  I don't need more than
that because my ego feeds off of quality, not quantity.  Upps, I
almost forgot, Bill (W4ZV) knows it too.  OK, we're 6.

Yuri, I really wish you would stop public ally attacking Scott.
He made a BIG mistake right after Christmas.  The most
professional way to address it is with him directly and of course
copy three of four others but don't wash dirty laundry in the
broad public.

You know what the tragic loss is to all of this?  I really do
thing that you and Scott on one team would be almost invincible!
Who could beat you two?  It's not too late but we need to do a
lot of patch work if that's ever going to materialize.  If you're
not interested, I'll drop it.  Just say so.

Always a pleasure, Sir!

73
Rick