Re: [TenTec] Sweep & some general observations

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sweep & some general observations
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:20:22 +0000
I usually keep the sweep on, watching for pilups, as I troll the band for the
weak ones that don't make it through the noise. I have managed to work quite a
bit of nice DX buried in the noise that way. 9U5M, Mike, in the first hours of
his operation from Burindi, was just the latest on the list.

The Orion's reciever continues to amaze us - digging out copyable signals that
just don't seem to be there on other rigs. And the current sweep setup, with
the sweep slowing down or refresh getting slow when you increase the tuning
rate above a crawl, works for my operating style. The XYL, AD5HG, likes to spin
the knob from S9 signal to S9 signal, and would really prefer the older setup.

But everyone to their own taste as the goodman said as kissed the pig.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E