[TenTec] Orion diversity reception

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion diversity reception
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 09:20:41 -0500
N1EU wrote:
>I've been having a lot of fun playing with the Orion
in diversity receive mode.

        Very cool Barry!  How do you feel Orion's diversity compares
to the FT-1000D's if you ever made that mod?  Your recordings give
me a lot of incentive to bring in multiple coaxes for my Beverages
rather than doing all the switching outside as I currently have.
Another thing I'd love to try is listening on my high-angle inverted-V
versus low-angle Beverages (vertical TX antenna is probably too noisy).

73, Bill W4ZV