Re: [TenTec] Turner M+2/U and TT OMNI V Hookup???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Turner M+2/U and TT OMNI V Hookup???
From: "Edward Crawford" <w4wvw@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:29:43 -0500
According to the Screwdriver Experts guide of CB Repair and Modification, you
are exactly right and wrong.
It is a relay switching mic. There is a re-wiring diagram for converting it to
electronic switching, which I'm sure is what you will need to key the Omni V.
It involves some rewiring of the switch and amp circuit in the mic.

Shield is ground, white is audio (mic), black is PTT, red is RX. Red wire was
used to activate receive on CB's that did not receive unless the mic was
plugged in.

I can give you the rewiring info if you want to pursue it. I believe I would
opt for a newer mic.

73. Ed/w4wvw