[TenTec] Need for High DR (was Re: Jupiter Extended Report)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Need for High DR (was Re: Jupiter Extended Report)
From: Barry N1EU <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:27:49 -0800 (PST)
First off, want to extend my thanks to KC1SX for his
diligence in the ARRL labs and for participating in
this forum.

A quick comment to Mike's "It is also worth noting
that not everyone needs the kind of DR performance
that Bill does."

It's not just Bill.  Many of us do in fact need every
dB of DR performance that can be squeezed out of a rig
on 160M.  On topband, it is not at all unusual to have
to deal with extremely strong groundwave signals and
pissweak in-the-noise signals simultaneously.  I
should have an Orion in the shack soon, but I've yet
to find a high end radio whose DR was sufficient when
the going got rough on topband at this qth.

73 & Happy Holidays,
Barry N1EU