[TenTec] Question on Orion vs Pro II noise handling

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Question on Orion vs Pro II noise handling
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:17:17 EST
Hello, I understand the Orion's IF dsp gives incredible options for filter
shaping etc, but how does the dsp handle neighborhood / atmospheric noise? I
seem to have developed several
newer noises this winter, that I suspect are coming from dirty furnace
motors, portable heaters, or touch lamps etc. I would attempt to locate the
noises &
talk to the neighbors about it, but I don't feel the neighbors would be very
cooperative, and I really don't want to go home in a "Body Bag" Hi Hi. I know
the noise isn't from power lines because it turns on and off as if it has a
timer or thermostat controlling it. I understand dsp for filter shaping /
selectivity, vs dsp for noise handling are two different animals. Has anyone
compred
this to a Pro II, 1000 MP etc? Any other thoughts?

73, Todd - KD7EFQ

"The Race is over...THE RATS WON"