Re: [TenTec] Problem w/Omni VI and INRAD filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Problem w/Omni VI and INRAD filter
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:45:12 -0500
Sounds like they rely on the filter to eliminate the carrier as much as the null adjustments. Or that the filter's input impedance is critical to the carrier's null (unlikely). Either way, it from what you have said the filter is drifting (temperature) somewhat causing the skirts to drift a bit causing there to more carrier at times than others. And the TT filters are stable and perhaps even have a notch at the carrier frequency. Just a guess I have not had any direct experience.

73
Bill wa4lav