[TenTec] Titan Amp Pricing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Titan Amp Pricing
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:38:57 EST
Hello, The last Titan 425 I saw on Ten Tec's used list before they stopped
taking them in trade was $1800. That was with their 30 day warranty. I
purchased
a gold edition for less than $1800, but not much less. After the Centurion,
they are probably the best big amp Ten Tec ever made. Quiet blower compared to
the other Titan models I've heard. Some parts are no longer available, such as
plate current meter, and blower fan. 3CX800's are HIGH dollar,
$450-$475 new last I heard, but probably more reliable, cleaner, and better
QC than the Rusky 4CX800A.(I've heard of 2 failures of new 4CX800's recently,
one in a Titan III, and the other in a Alpha 99, but only around $100 each to
replace them.) I'd shoot for paying around $1700-1800 MAX. if it is a later
model, $1300-$1400MAX for an earlier one, as I understand the early ones didn't
have the Grid current protection circuit in them. I sure love mine! One cannot
have too many amplifiers. 73, Todd