[TenTec] So Orion can't hear?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] So Orion can't hear?
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:04:28 -0400
        Don't think so...got the following from EI3GZ in
response to our Topband QSO last night (note his antenna!):

Dear William,
Hi from Ireland,just a note to thank you for the contact on top band last night only my second in the united states so i was very happy to make it across the pond. your signal was very loud and clear and i think band conditions were very good,hope it stays that way.

<picture removed>

The antenna here is a Helical mode whip which i scaled up from a 80 meter design, it is 15 feet long fed against 3 copper wires of 15 feet each.I have enclosed a picture of it .
All the best of dx this season,and again many thanks.

Yours in radio,
John o sullivan.

73, Bill W4ZV