Re: [TenTec] High SWR on 28 Mhz in Titan 425

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] High SWR on 28 Mhz in Titan 425
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:33:22 -1000

My Titan is showing very high SWR to my FT-1000mp so
it doesn't drives it most of the time. Time to time
the internal tuner tunes it and I put abt 1KW out, but
nothing most of the time.

Only on one band? Use another band....Really though, check input lowpass filter components and switch contacts that are specific to that band. Also try a different cable from exciter to amplifier. Maybe a different length. Make sure it is 50 Ohm impedance coax.

DE N6KB