[TenTec] FOR SALE:

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FOR SALE:
From: k4wj@bellsouth.net (John/K4WJ)
Date: Wed Jun 4 21:17:33 2003
At 05:04 PM 6/4/03 -0500, Steve Weber wrote:
>Mark and the group,
>
>Third Generation:
>
>OMNI D Series C - (third generation digital readout.  Analog was not
>offered, so a lot of folks just call this an Omni C. Just to confuse the
>rest of us, I guess!)
>-------------------

Steve,

I challenge you to find anything from TenTec that refers to an "Omni D
Series C". You won't find anything because it does not exits, except in the
imaginations of some people. By the way, "a lot of folks just call this an
Omni C" includes TenTec because they never made an Omni D Series C.

Your statement above just perpetuates the myth that an Omni D Series C exits.

Back in July of 2001 I went through all of my back issues of QST reading
the TenTec advertisements. I then posted a message with the results of my
little study. I wish the folks at the "Unofficial TenTec Pages" web site
would correct their error.

73..de John/K4WJ Owner of a TenTec Omni C purchased new from Texas Towers
in May, 1981.
73..de John/K4WJ
   John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL
    QTH  26 00 51 N