[TenTec] Icom 7800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Icom 7800
From: nq5t@attbi.com (Grant Youngman)
Date: Thu May 29 11:23:25 2003
> Can anyone support the reasons to buy this $8000 rig..at two to four
> times the price of other fine radios

Like the Icom rep said -- it it costs more it surely must be better.
(Cough).

Based on what I've seen/heard/read so far, the answer is that no
one really knows yet (not even the Icom reps, who probably have
scant more info than is currenly in the marketing glossy).  So far, all
of the arguments seems to have most to do with mankind's need to
clump into tribes combined with sense of d?cor ...

"In the limit" (a phrase seared into my brain by too many math
profs),  it all probably doesn't matter much.  How many dB's of this
or that are dB's that really make a difference, and how many are
worth about the cost of the paper they're printed on?  In any case, I
suppose the race for dB supremacy, bragging rights and general
puffery is certainly on :-)

Grant/NQ5T