[TenTec] Century 22 Internal Keyer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 22 Internal Keyer
From: dub@oklahoma.net (J. W. (Dub) Thornton)
Date: Sun May 25 11:44:01 2003
At 04:44 PM 5/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>>Greetings everyone. Could someone answer a question, please? Is the internal
>>keyer that was available for the Century 22 (Model 679 keyer, I think)
>>iambic, or would I need an external iambic keyer? Thanks for the help.
>
>It seemed to be "semi automatic" -- kind of like a bug.  It had
>auto-repeating dits, but the dah side was not repeating.
>
>--Andrew, NV1B
>CFO 963

This has my mind going WAY back, but I ordered the Century 22 keyer from
Ten Tec, and installed it,
perhaps in the 1990 era.  The one I received did not have any
"semi-automatic" action, but both dits
and dahs repeated in the normal keyer fashion.  I do not recall whether it
was iambic or not.  I returned
it due to a bad habit I had acquired of "leading" a keyer with the paddle,
and this keyer was not very
sympathetic to my sending style.  (I would have had to re-learn how to send
correctly, had I kept it).
I installed what I was accustomed to at the time, (A WB4VVF Accu-Keyer),
and tho I do not own it now,
both rig and keyer are still making the present owner happy.

"73"  Dub
CFO #892