[TenTec] Re: in ref Ten-Tec Orion - Initial Impressions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: in ref Ten-Tec Orion - Initial Impressions
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 21 14:47:41 2003
Earl,  K6SE,  posting on his experience with the Orion paralell's my own -
with one exception. I had not noticed any extranious noises using headphones.
And since I had tried all the headsets in the "can box," a dozen or so sets
ranging from two buck earbuds to $300 pro jobs,  I thought it might be time
for a retrial.

Nope, nothing on the Sony's I usually use for CW, nothing on the Heil's I use
when I want to use VOX, nothing on the Sennheisers I use for SSB PTT.

And in fact, no unusual noise on any of them - just the usual tinnitius.
Which I have whether the phones are plugged in or not.  (The moral of that is
- never omit hearing protection around loud noises. Especially short barreled
carbines and irate women. )

Until I turned the auxiliary audio above 0 that is.  After some more waving
wires around it appears my monitor has some sort of magnetic field at around
1200 cycles, Hertz, that the open end of the aux cable picks up quite nicely.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E