[TenTec] Orion Questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Questions
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 5 08:18:21 2003
Well, since I have to go open up in a few minutes -

I have an Orion with two of the optional filter slots filled. My next order
will be stock filters only - the  optional filters are great but gilding a
lily is both expensive an unnecessary.

I'm running mine on the same Astron 50 that runs the rest of the "first
postion." Been thinking of changing to something in the 80 A range and
running the whole shack on one power supply, though. But closer to the
subject, I'm running my Jupiter at the office on an Astron switcher and don't
notice any hash. I see no reason why a switcher would be any worse on an
Orion than anything else. But I still like heavy supplies.

Hope this helps.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E