[TenTec] Titan 425 blocking capacitors

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan 425 blocking capacitors
From: jlockj@earthlink.net (John)
Date: Sun Mar 16 18:08:51 2003
Hi Ken,

A couple of years ago, Ten Tec recommended I replace C15, a 5 kV doorknob,
with a 15 kV 400 pF doorknob to make the Titan's tuning more stable on 160.
I bought the capacitor from Ten Tec and installed it using a new chassis
mounting hole to allow for its larger diameter.  This did the trick for me!

The factory also indicated that replacing the ceramic disc capacitor used
for C16 with a  300 pF 5 kV doorknob would be a good idea if I ran RTTY on
160.  (I don't, so I didn't)

I've never seen any recommendations to replace the plate blocking
capacitors.  It may help, but I'd first try replacing C15, and then C16,
before messing with the blocking caps.

73,

John  W0DC