[TenTec] My beloved Paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My beloved Paragon
From: WA3FIY@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:31:20 -0400
Hello Wes,

I have seen something like you describe occur as a result of PIN
diode failure in the bandpass circuit board.  In my case one or
two diodes shorted and caused low output and loss of signal
strength on receive.

I too have had several failures in the Paragon but do not
consider them serious as I have been able to fix every one
without sending the unit back.   With surface mount and heavy
dependence on DSP, such will not likely be case in the future.
So.............I'm hanging on to my Paragons and Corsair just in case!
:-)

-Lee-