[TenTec] Filter/My Stupid Assumption

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Filter/My Stupid Assumption
From: rp.tyler@worldnet.att.net (Rick Tyler)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:04:44 -0400
I'd recently asked for input here on TT/Inrad filters, as I wanted to
replace the 1.8 narrow filter in my OMNI V with a .500 CW filter.  I really
wasn't impressed with the narrow SSB filter at all.  If there were stations
close-in, I'd switch to the 1.8 6mhz IF filter and then bring in the 1.8
9mhz IF Narrow filter.  I THOUGHT!  I got my new CW filter from TT today,
installed it, and it works great.  I was looking at the narrow filter I had
just taken out, and realized that it wasn't a 1.8 but a 2.4!!!  No wonder it
didn't do much good  . . . . sheesh!  I shoulda looked closer before . . .
well, ya never know when you buy something used what you're going to find
inside . . .

73 de Rick, WQ8Q