[TenTec] 961 Power Supply Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 961 Power Supply Question
From: rp.tyler@worldnet.att.net (Rick Tyler)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:51:24 -0400
I picked up a new Omni V at Dayton with a 961 PS that apparently had been
dropped at some point.  There were a couple dents from inside the case where
the transformer had broken loose, and one of the circuit boards was twisted
on its mount.

My question . . . for some reason, I decided to measure the output voltage
of this device, and it read over 16 volts (yikes!)  I hope I didn't do any
major damage to the rig.  Anyhow, there are two variable resistors inside
with thumb wheels on them . . . one of them obviously controls the output
voltage and the other controls . . . . WHAT  ? ? ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated . . . I turned the one and nothing
happened . . . and then I found the one that controlled the voltage down to
13.8v . . .

73 de Rick, WQ8Q