[TenTec] A little off subject

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] A little off subject
From: bigmack@usa.net (Robert)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:49:14 -0500
While it is a little off subject, I am trying to chase something down.. My
neighbor at about 100 yards has erected a log periodic and mostly runs on
15mtrs. He is getting into my broadcast band AM radio in a bad way.. I can
ALMOST make out what he is saying, but it sounds sort of garbled and
rumbling. I have asked him to check it out, and he reports back that
everything there is ok. If I want to take it upon myself to get the 15 mtrs
out of my AM receiver, what would be the first thing to try? A pass filter?
Ferrite, what?? My TT Omni VI+ doesnt bother the AM band, but I rarely work
15 mtrs, mostly 20...

Robert McAdams
KA5PPX - General Class
Ten Tec Omni VI+  &  Drake R8B
HyGain SuperThunderbird Yagi @70'
BC245XLT, DX-398  & highly mod-ed Pro-2006