[TenTec] RE: Heil Mikes and TenTec OmniV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Heil Mikes and TenTec OmniV
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:45:44 EDT
I tried the Heil's on my Omni V's and VI's. The results were not
satisfactory. I wound up adding a mini jack to several of my stock 705's and
use the TT's excellent audio amp to bring the audio level up to par.

I use a "circuit breaking" jack from R/S - the lead to the mike element is
broken when the Heil is plugged in, the lead from the tip goes on the
amplifier side of the element lead, and the third terminal goes to the
amplifier ground. Very simple, very effective, and it's been completely
satisfactory for several years.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E