[TenTec] Herc II power supply question; Corsair I AGC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Herc II power supply question; Corsair I AGC
From: k7gt@attbi.com (k7gt@attbi.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:27:28 +0000
Greetings Tentec fans!

I am in the process of a complete relocation and rebuild
of my station console and associated wiring. That means
the d.c. wiring will be reworked also. The station
has a fairly hefty battery backup system (500Ah of
deep cycle) that I would like to coordinate with
a FUTURE acquisition of a TT Herc II and associated
power supply. The question I have is basically this:
can I hardwire the battery connections in parallel
with the TT 100 A power supply or will the p.s. need
to be switched out when I am running on straight battery
(of course the p.s. will be turned off). If the guts of
the p.s. can take being across the d.c. bus when turned
off it will greatly simplify my wiring and control
switching.

The acquisition of a Herc II and p.s. is likely a full
year away so I have time to work out these kinks...

The Corsair I that I recently acquired in a trade is
working out very well. It won't replace the OmniVI but
it seems to have a very responsive QSK reminiscent of
my OmniD. A known AF AGC mod was alluded to recently in
a post regarding the OmniC. Does anyone know where I
might find the original reference or some other
useful and straightforward mod to the C-I's AGC?

73  Allan  K7GT

--
Allan  K7GT

Pleasanton CA