[TenTec] Jupiter takes an UNFAIR Beating

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter takes an UNFAIR Beating
From: Wa4aos@aol.com (Wa4aos@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:56:18 EDT
It seems that there are a few Hams that have a slanderous agenda and could
careless about being honest in their assessment of a particular rig. I submit
that one such person is W0BKR who gave the Jupiter a ZERO rating, not once
but twice. He, like the rest of the Amateur Radio Community understands Ten
Tec's unbelievable and unparalleled policy of allowing one to purchase their
products, use them for a month and if not satisfied, return the items for a
FULL REFUND. Ask your car dealer if they will give you the same offer, if you
want to see them laugh in your face.
In My humble opinion, any company who is willing to provide that kind of
WARRANTY   gets a 3.0 rating from the get-go before the rig is out of the
box. Then the technical merits are weighed against other comparably priced
products and factored against the company's service policy and reputation. I
have played with the Jupiter and I would not give it a perfect 5.0 but I
believe a 4.5 would be reasonable; in my humble opinio. I prefer my Omni 6 +
but then, the 6+ is a MUCH more expensive rig. The Jupiter was not designed
to be a replacement for an Omni 6 or other, much more expensive rigs.
For W0BKR to give the Jupiter a zero rating twice is unconscionable and
demonstrates his unwillingness to be honest and or fare.  If you cast stones,
don't be surprised if you drop one on your own foot.

Glenn   WA4AOS

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---