[TenTec] BNC vs UHF connectors for HF 100w use

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] BNC vs UHF connectors for HF 100w use
From: ny9h@arrl.net (Bill Steffey NY9H)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:43:28 -0500
While I started using BNCs on my receive only connections, like a second
receiver output for the Omni 6+ , I also have been using them for Xmit as well.
Their convenience of quick disconnect beat the UHF & N connectors.
While I pick up the constant impedance advantage, I'm not certain of their
continuous power capability. I use UHFs & rg 213 for the output of my Herc
& Titan. So do any of my esteemed colleagues have an idea of whether the
BNC is beyond its ratings for 100 watt use ???   bnc= (bayonet-neil consen)
Thanks in advance
bill