[TenTec] OMNI V AGC audio hiss modification info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V AGC audio hiss modification info
From: talbot@kmr.ll.mit.edu (Talbot, George A.)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:48:06 +1200
Paul MW0CDO,

<snip>
> I'm afraid I know nothing about a noise blanker mod, but can tell you that
> the NB on the FT-102 is a whole lot more effective on fast narrow noise
than
> the TT one is. For example, someone in my street has one of those auto
> ignition gas boilers which seems to try for about 30 seconds before the
main
> jet lights. The FT-102 NB can remove all traces of that interference, yet
> the TT NB doesn't do much at all.
<snip>

I am surprised to hear this about the OMNI, as my Paragon Noise blanker
seems very effective against pulse ignition noise. Even when I was using it
briefly mobile I was pleasantly pleased with the noise blanker (the truck I
was using had a very noisy ignition). My "pulse width" control adjustment
seems to help "fine tune" the response, and will completely blank the
receiver when I turn it fully clockwise.

Best Regards,

George V73GT