[TenTec] Omni VI QRWierd...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI QRWierd...
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:07:10 -0600
Evidently this occurs only when you are receiving in SSB mode.

The tone frequency is independent of receiver tuning or calibration in AM
mode.

Thus, something in your SSB receiving chain is changing frequency in the
manner you described. If it is slow enough, you might spot which oscillator
is doing it with a frequency counter.

72/73, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe SOC 262
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437