[TenTec] Model 238 Tuner problems?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 238 Tuner problems?
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A Calvin)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 13:03:20 -0500
Since a couple of folks have mentioned it I should add that I'm not using
the balun.  This is strictly coax-to-coax matching.  One antenna is a
Butternut HF2V which I run on 160m (500W max), 80m, 40m, 15m and
sometimes 17m.  The other ant is a G5RV Jr. which I use on 30m, 20m, 12m
and 10m.

So far, most responses have suggested checking common coax (I have 2
jumpers from amp, to Autek meter, to 238).  Good idea since I'd like to
replace the mini-8X with full sized RG-8U.  One response indicated
catastrophic failure of caps at the Z-switch (10m high power), and
another was a 2nd hand report of someone having solder melting problems
when used with wire antennas.

        Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas