[TenTec] Off-topic: Walker Tompkins, K6ATX books

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Off-topic: Walker Tompkins, K6ATX books
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane Calvin, AC5AA)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:26:07 -0500 (EST)
Please excuse the off-topic post - thought some here might be interested in
these items before they disappear.  I'm working with my teenage nephew to get
his license, and thought a few of the Walker Tompkins ("Tommy Rockford")
adventures might be fun for him.  The ARRL has recently discontinued these
books and they no longer have any stock of them.  I exchanged notes with them
to determine that HRO and "Books, Etc." (in Nevada) were the last ones to
purchase stock from the ARRL.  They are still in stock at HRO, and I just
ordered a set.  If you know a teen boy who might be interested in radio, these
are good educational entertainment - the original editions helped get me
started!  Anyway, get 'em while they're still available.

  73,  Duane  AC5AA

Duane Calvin
Austin, TX
http://home.austin.rr.com/ac5aa