[TenTec] How to attach fan to Ten-Tec headsink?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How to attach fan to Ten-Tec headsink?
From: longt@empireone.net (Tim Long)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:17:34 -0500
The beauty of properly designed and conservatively rated equipment is
that you don't need heat sinks.  If you needed one, Ten Tec would have
included it.  I have used my Omni-C for over 20 years on all modes
including RTTY and never needed a fan.  Yes the heat sink gets hot; it's
designed to get hot and still be within specs.  If it doesn't raise a
blister and you can keep your hand on it, it's OK.  Now if you're still
hell bent on using a fan, glue a sponge to the table behind the radio
and then glue the fan to the sponge.  Aim the fan at the heat sink.  The
sponge will prevent the fan vibration from making a drum head out of
your operating table.  Good luck & 73, Tim, W2UI