[TenTec] Re: Stan - Pegasus - tunable ground kit.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Stan - Pegasus - tunable ground kit.
From: rheming@attglobal.net (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:31:29 -0500
Stan,

I will keep the Pegasus.  It is more fun than any rig I have had even
though I am having some computer interference problems with it.  I am
getting a ton of ideas from the TT list.  Paul called without me calling
him.  Now, that is real service and one of the reasons I have decided to
keep the Peg.

BTW it is the monitor. I have lowered the refresh rate and it helped a lot.
 Last night 20 meters (the only band I have an antenna for right now) was
fairly quiet, compared with the last several days.  I found that inbetween
the monitor peaks, that I could hear just fine and overall noise was down a
lot.  This thing is going to work. I can always turn off the monitor at the
poinst where the peak is, if necesary.  Later when I get the remote I can
tune with the monitor off also.  I have mapped the peaks and know where
they are.  I can change their location by changing the resolution on the
monitor >gr>!  So by looking where I am going and jiggling the refresh rate
and the resolution I can get around pretty well. Slowly I will start on all
the suggestions I have received.

I am convinced that I can hear on this rig probably as well as anything
else in this location.

Dick Hemingway, N5XRD
Plano, TX