[TenTec] Pegasus - fixed the RF problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus - fixed the RF problem
From: N4NT@charter.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 23:09:03 -0400
I lived in a townhouse apartment building and put dipoles on the roof for 80
and 40 meters.  Running a kilowatt caused some interference to my neighbors'
TV sets and mine, too.  All of us used cable TV.

I made up some jumpers using a three-prong AC plug and a big alligator clip.
The wire ran from the ground pin of the AC plug to the clip.  Then I plugged
the jumper into the AC outlet closest to the TV and clipped the other end to
the outside of the TV cable connector, right where it hooked onto the set.

That completely cured all instances of TVI we were experiencing.

73 de Mike N4NT@charter.net