[TenTec] fair price

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] fair price
From: turner@rome.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:32:22 -0700
Oh, here we go again....

> You've GOT TO BE KIDDING!!  This is a joke, right?  I have been using my
> OMNI VI/3 for over 7 years and have not experienced ANY problems!  I cannot
> say that about any of the dozen or so Jappy rigs I've owned.  Now those are
> REAL pieces of shit!

Now, we don't have to bash other radios to defend our beloved
Ten Tec rigs.  It really doesn't help, especially since it is not
(objectively) true.

Simple facts:

1.  Ten Tec radios are not perfect
2.  Some Japanese radios have good reliability
3.  Some hams do NOT like Ten Tec radios

This is all OK with me, I use Ten Tec because I choose to, I like
the features, I like the service.  So....someone else doesn't like
them, OK with me.  As Jim suggested, do the guy a favor and offer
to buy it from him :-) .

Clark
WA3JPG