[TenTec] "FRAUD"??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "FRAUD"??
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:25:46 -0400
> I dare say why would an owner fake an Omni VI+ for happiness?

I dare say that people modify their equipment all the time.  And what of us
who knowingly modify our radios internally without making an external,
conspicuously written note to this effect?  Are we committing fraud if we
change one component from the original design specification?  What if the
change is factory authorized?  And what if the change is made by the
factory....and that change is to upgrade an Omni Six to a fully-compliant
Omni Six Plus.  And furthermore, if the factory states in its claims that
after the option 3 modification, you will have, in effect, an Omni Six Plus,
is the factory guilty of fraud?

> I would boldy say he would do it to impress his friends or for resale.

I boldly say he may very well want to impress himself with the fact that he
now has fully-functional Omni Six Plus.

> value.  Why would it make him happy knowing it is a fake.
> He, alone, knows it is not a true Omni VI+ .  Go figure.

Again, if I modify my radio in ANY way, does it become a fake?  If so, many
of us on this list are "guilty" of promoting fake radios.

-Paul, W9AC