[TenTec] Power Line QRN?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power Line QRN?
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:31:36 EDT
Hi Tom,

The technique you describe below has been around awhile, and you could build
it yourself for a lot less than $190.  It is covered in my 1941 Radio
Handbook, and I'm sure it is covered in others.  It consists [if i remember
correctly] of a "voltage probe" type of antenna [small whip] that is tuned
out of phase with the main antenna, and the signals are combined.  The
drawback with this technique is that it needs to be readjusted for every band
change, and should only be in line during receive.

If you want more details than the scant few I can provide here, I will check
my old handbook tonite at home.

73, Jim NØOCT