[TenTec] Thanks to list people

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Thanks to list people
From: jpoulin@erols.com (JEFFREY MICHAEL POULIN)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 20:50:39 -0400
My thanks to the many people who sent me their advice and experience about
the Corsair II. I think I thanked everyone individually, but if I missed
one or two, this should get to them.

I got the rig last Friday and I've been like a kid (okay, an overgrown,
bearded kid) with a new toy. The receiver is fantastic!! I am hearing
stations and beacons I didn't know were out there. I made my first 15 meter
CW contact. This rig actually makes my straight key sending sound decent.
The filters and other controls (once I learned how to use them) are
excellent. It even cranks down to 5 watts or less for QRP stuff and that
lets me use my 20 to 6 meter transverter. This is the only HF rig I've used
besides the Scout. Good as the Scout is, the Corsair II is in a different
league. Most people raved about the Corsair and if anything, they were
understated.

I think this will provide the final push to my butt on the air and upgrade
to General (or better) by the end of the year. Considering my lack of
native talent with the code, I'll take any help/bribe/incentive I can get
to keep working at it. It may be time to join FISTS.

Anyway, thanks again for all the good words and wishes.

73  Jeff KF4JSV