[TenTec] DSP & COMPUTER NOISE

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] DSP & COMPUTER NOISE
From: Steve Ellington" <n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 22:36:55 -0400
I doubt if dsp is going to fix your problem. You should do some work on the
pc. I've found most pc noise comes from it's power supply. The only cure
I've found thus far is to get inside the supply and install some .01 uf disc
capacitors on the ac input. 3 will usually suffice. Solder one to each of
the 3 power leads, green, white and black then solder the other end of these
caps to a convient point on the case or a ground lug which is installed
under a screw head somewhere.

Those switching power supplies are very noisey. One here in the house is on
a different floor on the opposite side of the house and caused all kinds of
racket in my Omni V. The above treatment fixed the problem. No amount of
ferrite gadgets wrapped around the ac cord had any effect.

73

Steve Ellington
Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ

->I have some computer noise on my OMNI-V,that at times